We’ve released brand new major version 3 of our clipboard utility, FastPaste. FastPaste was the first utility that we’ve ever released, and this new major version is a complete rewrite.
Declaring war on stupid typing
In many jobs, you have to type something again and again, whether each day or multiple times a week. And not just one thing, but many different things. Again and again.
In our book, that’s stupid. It’s soulless work. Where’s the juice, the passion, the excitement in that?!
Human beings shouldn’t do stupid repetitive things. That’s what we have technology for.
FastPaste can do the stupid typing for you, so you can have more time for learning, creativity, real contribution, your family, friends, hobbies, fun and relaxation.
Did you know that 10 minutes saved daily is 60 hours in a year? That’s equivalent of one and half of work-week! In that time, you could learn a new language, launch a new project, go on several wonderful trips, get fit – or anything else that you love doing.
And that’s just in 1 year. If you can save 60 hours each year, the extra life you will get stacks up rapidly.
FastPaste is here to give you YOUR time back
How it works?
Example: Pressing Ctrl+1 can insert my name (“Jiri Novotny”) into any application.
FastPaste allows you to insert text with hotkeys. There are 30 clips (fields). Each has a customizable hotkey. The first clip has default hotkey Control+1, the second Control+2, and so on.
When you press the hotkey, FastPaste will automatically insert the text in that particular clip (field).
FastPaste can paste plain text, rich text (RTF), images.
You can also create keyboard scripts, to send key sequences and/or combinations.
You can use the scripts to do many cool things, like filling various forms with just a single hotkey.
Here is an example of a FastPaste script:
The script above will type “John”, then send the Tab key, then type “hawai777″, and then send Control + Enter combination.
What’s new in FastPaste 3
Because the new version is a complete rewrite, there is nothing left unimproved.
The new features include:
- Keyboard scripts that you can use to fill forms, send key sequences and key combinations and much more. It can emulate not just typing, but a press of any key or key combination.
- Encryption to protect your clips and data from unauthorized access
- Portable – can be deployed to USB thumb-drive
- New beautiful look and feel
- Resizable window
- Docking support, so you can dock FastPaste into sidebar
- Display clips in 1 column, 2 columns, or 3 columns
- 10 quick projects with global hotkeys; access over 300 clips with keyboard
- Unicode support
- Support for various screen DPIs
- Better handling of global hotkeys, only hotkeys for used clips are registered
- Smart detection of conflicting hotkeys
- Nicer HTML export of hotkeys overview
- Ability to paste images with transparency
- Preview images directly in the main Fast Paste window
- Ability to contact us directly from the program (using menu Help – Contact)
Download fully functional 30-day trial of FastPaste
If you would like to give FastPaste a go, you can download a fully functional 30-day trial of FastPaste. The only limitation in the trial is that it can’t deployed to USB thumb-drive.